|Nama Varnikular||Tongkat Ali Merah
|Nama Saintifik||Jackia ornata|
|Nama Lain||Akar Haji Samad|
Tongkat Ali can be divided into three types, Tongkat Ali, Tongkat Ali Hitam, and Tongkat Ali Merah. It is also known as Akar Haji Samad for some local people. Its shape is similar with Tongkat Ali but a little bit in red color. The scientific name of Tongkat Ali merah is Jackia ornata.
Among those three types of Tongkat Ali, the Tongkat Ali Merah is the best one with its variety of benefits. It grows in the forest on the slope area. The leaves are the biggest among the Tongkat Ali types, smooth, and soft.
No active ingredients information can be obtained about this herb. It might be same with other Tongkat Ali types as the benefits are similar to each other.
• Increase energy and stamina
• Reduce joint pain
• Relief of bone and back ache
• Used for warming up the body
• Treatment of sexual dysfunction
• Regulation of blood viscosity
1) The Tongkat Ali Merah roots are harvested from the plants.
2) The collected roots are washed and dried until all roots are in dry condition.
3) The root chips are washed and dried again in an oven to take out the moisture.
4) The dried roots are then chipped using specialized equipment packaged into root chip, teabag, and powder extract and ready for consumption.
Part of Plants used : Roots
Appearance : Dried roots
Color : Black (outside), Creamy white (inside)
Odor : Characteristic
Taste : Bitter/Brackish
Packaging : Box
Cooking Method & Dosage
- A. Original Taste:
- The taste of Tongkat Ali Merah is bitter.
- B. Possible Mixture with Other Herbs and Ingredients:
- Tongkat Ali Merah can be mixed with Tongkat Ali (Eurycoma Longifolia), Ubi Jaga (Smilax Myosotiflora), Ginseng, Ginkgo Biloba into coffee or powder then transform into capsules.
- C. Cooking Method & Dosage:
- 1. After chipping, wash the root chips with water to remove residues.
- 2. Soak 2gms of chipped root in 1 liter of water for 1 hour.
- 3. Boil and cook for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- 4. Remove the chipped root and drink the juice like tea consumption.
The juice (Tea) may be blended with honey or rock sugar to balance off the bitter taste of Tongkat Ali Merah. You may reboil the root chip and juice for another consumption until the bitter taste has subsided.
Note: The standard dosage is usually 2 grams each intake.
Traditional & Modern Consumption
Traditionally, Tongkat Ali Merah can be served as a drink by boiling it with the water and the decoction is drunk. But nowadays, Tongkat Ali Merah is also available in a herbal supplement mix with other herb ingredients in the form of capsules, tablets, and coffee.
No safety precautions information can be obtained about this herb. It might be same with other Tongkat Ali types as the benefits are similar to each other.
No side effects information can be obtained about this herb. It might be same with other Tongkat Ali types as the benefits are similar to each other.
Keep at cool and dry place protected from direct sunlight. Avoid reach of children.